Monday, January 3, 2011

Background Info Cont'd

TUESDAY, MAY 26, 2009

The Loss of My Husband, Friend, My Everyday. . .

I have not posted in some time because I have not been able to pick up my knitting needles. You see my best friend and husband of 18 years passed away on Tuesday, May 5, 2009. We had dinner together, watched American Idol together and then he was gone. Quickly, suddenly without any pain to him, but much to those left behind. I miss him everyday, every moment, every thought. . .how does one go on? You just do, but with much anguish.

He was my #1 FAN when it came to knitting. Whenever I was joining a class at Stitch Therapy Brooklyn, he would always say "play nicely now". When I would return, he would ask "did you play nicely with the rest of the ladies?" I will miss those moments. I will miss the moments when he would call me at work to see if I arrived; would call me from home to ask if it was time for me to come home? etc. Never did he ask much of me, but he spoiled me terribly. Never will there be one like him ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment